The 1 Degree Shift That Will Give Your Practice DirectionOct 18, 2021
- High staff turnover
- Poor patient reviews
- Working a lot of hours
- Working well past their desired retirement age
- Sacrificing home life
- Not meeting their financial goals
**Let's talk about the 1 degree shift you can make to avoid the above pit falls.
What is a vision?
A vision is a way of defining what your business (and you) are all about - its your purpose. It gives you direction and real goals to achieve. In other words, it is a road map towards success.
Think of your vision as the change you would like to see in the world directly because of the services and products you offer. You're not just providing pain management services to the greater Phoenix area. Instead, you are helping people recover from pain and limiting the amount of over prescribed narcotic pain medications.
What is your purpose? Please don’t tell me that it is to help people and make money - we get it. That is why you went into medicine. I’m talking about why you chose to open your own office. What’s at the core of who you are? What do you see or want to see in the future? And even more importantly, what does your staff see in you? What do they want for their future? Are they rallied around your purpose because it falls in line with their own?
Identify Your Vision
According to computerhistory.org, Bill Gates, owner of Microsoft, guided by a belief that the computer would be a valuable tool on every office desktop and in every home, began developing software for personal computers. Bill Gates didn’t develop his company so that he could be a billionaire. That wasn’t the drive behind what he started. He believed that every office and home in America would have a computer for personal use, in a time when computers were exclusively for larger companies, factories, and corporations.
The vision at our regenerative medicine practice is that surgery will no longer be touted as the best option for spine and joint problems; and using addictive pain medicine will be a thing of the past.
These statements have nothing to do with us as people or our own personal gain. They have everything to do with who we want to serve and the change we want to see.
How likely is your team to get behind making you the top cardiologist in New York City, versus the vision to decrease heart disease in America? See the difference? Your vision should not be about your own gain; rather, about a higher purpose that changes the economy for the better, or health for the better, or the world for the better.
Your Vision for Yourself
Remember, your business successes and failures are also relative to your own beliefs about your self. Your business is a mirror of you.
- You don't pay your own bills on time, you most likely have a high amount of patient outstanding balances in your practice.
- You're late to work. Your patients are probably constantly late too.
- You miss manage your personal finances, your business finances are also probably in shambles.
- Low confidence at home? You probably get walked on at work too.
This is all relative because just like your business needs a vision, so do you. So, what is your vision for your life? How do you want to live? What values and beliefs do you have/want for yourself?
How To Work Towards Making Your Vision Reality?
- First, write it down! There is a Harvard study that shows you are 90% more likely to achieve the things you write down. Put it everywhere!
- Define a time line for your vision. Is it going to take 10 years, 20 years, 5 years?
- Work backwards. Start with your ultimate end goal - lets say its 10 years. In 10 years you're going to achieve your vision and sell your practice, buy a home on the beach in Maui and enjoy yourself. (Business vision plus personal vision) What would it take each year leading up to that point?
- Define where you are now. Have an honest conversation with yourself and write down all the good, bad, and ugly about the current state of your business.
- Where do you need to go in the next 12 months? Break that up into quarters and create real action items that will lead you to that vision for your life and your business.
Get into your creative state. You left brainers out there will find this tough, but without the use of the creative nature of your right brain, you can not create the steps to achieve your vision. Creativity = the map. Analytical = the drive.
Cheers to creating amazing vision for yourself and your business -
- Get My New Book - "Unf*cking Private Healthcare"
It contains 10 key elements of the business building process you need to use in order to start and grow your healthcare practice. Click HERE
- Schedule your FREE break through call: This a 60 min call that promises to give you a step by step plan to conquering your biggest pain points as a business owner. I don't sell you anything on the call and it is absolutely FREE. But it will only be free for a short period of time as I plan to start charging for this call in the near future. Don't wait. Schedule it here.
Looking to start or grow your practice but not sure how? I can help. Schedule a FREE call with me so I can show you how our practice went from $0 to 7-figures in 3 years.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates on new blogs!
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.